Muswellbrook Chamber of Commerce is committed to providing support to its members, and the broader Muswellbrook business community, during the COVID-19 crisis.
As part of this commitment, we have developed a COVID-19 Business Support Hub that provides local, practical and hands-on support programs and resources for our members.
Please be assured that the Chamber will support all efforts to keep local businesses ‘open for business’ and trading as much as possible during this challenging time.
The Business Support Hub provides support and resources, such as:
- Providing clear, concise and relevant information surrounding COVID-19.
- Establish inter member support network to maintain sense of community amongst members and minimise sense of isolation.
- Connecting members with support sector specialists and information. Mental Health, Human Resources and so on.
- Facilitate sharing of knowledge between members on how each are managing the crisis.
- Conducting video conferencing sessions on crisis management topics facilitated by sector experts.
- ‘Locals Supporting Locals’ – Cross promotion amongst members and encourage supporting each other.
- Enhanced promotion of ‘Buy Local’ and ‘Support Local’ within the community.
- Assisting small business owners secure hygiene products they normally purchase through grocery stores.
- Assisting business owners with supply chain issues.
- Identifying and then supporting businesses with specific issues unique to the business.
- Assist re-distribution of redundant staff of effected business to less effected businesses seeking staff.
The Prime Minister’s National Cabinet Update
Coronavirus and Australian Workplace Laws
Federal Stimulus Package
NSW Stimulus Package
Cashflow Assistance for Businesses
Bank Links for Covid19 Assistance
Australian Government Department of Health
Public Health Stimulus
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
Lifeline – 13 11 14
New Federal Government app for Coronavirus updates –Now available at the App Store and on Google Play.
MCCI COVID-19 Business Impact Survey
The MCCI is currently conducting a survey to measure the impact of COVID-19 on the Muswellbrook LGA business community.
The survey is directed at all businesses and organisations (members & non-members) in the district.
We ask that all Business Owners / Managers take a moment to complete the survey. The information you provide allows us to design and deliver support and resources to meet the needs of businesses in the Muswellbrook region.
The survey is anonymous and only takes a few minutes to complete. Your responses are appreciated and highly valued.
Link to: MCCI COVID-19 Business Impact Survey
Facebook – Members Only Group Page
The MCCI has now established a Members Only Facebook Group Page. The group allows members to ask questions, share news, provide updates and stay connected with other members.
We encourage all members to join the group via the link below:
Link to: Members Only Facebook Group Page
We are in this together!
Below is a list of suggestions for ways of coping during this time and how to show your support for local businesses.
- Connect with your customers using social media
- Buy and shop local
- Support small business
- Buy season passes
- Re-book your holiday for a future date
- Work from home if possible
- Spend quality time with loved ones
- Utilise technology to connect with people
- Practice social distancing
- Be clear and consistent communicating with your customers
- Take care of your mental health.